Thursday, June 23, 2011

Omni Blender V Review

Who would have thought that Blenders nowadays is one of the most essential kitchen appliances in a regular household.  When Blender companies started to innovate their blenders limited capacity to not just make purees and smoothies but evolved into a more sophisticated little machine that can chop, grind, make soups, sauces and spreads, blenders became a multifunctional kitchen must-have.




I have been receiving emails regarding the blender that I am using and questions on why I chose Omniblender over Blendtec and other competitors. Well, for the obvious reason Omniblender V have the same functionality but cheaper at half the price simple as that! I am just being practical.


Like you, I did my own research on what to consider in buying not just a typical Blender but I opt for multi functionality with reasonable price for a blender. I don’t want to be disappointed and waste my money in buying cheap with limited functions ( Blenders that cannot even crush ice) or  a multifunctional high performance blender but is very expensive. So I decided to narrow down my search  to two criterias:

  • Inexpensive
  • Multi functional
And my search landed me to Omniblender V. It is not perfect, it has flaws (Of course!) but it is sufficient enough to meet my needs. Anyways, let’s cut the chase and move on to un-boxing Omniblebder V’s parts and features.

1.       3 Horse Power Motor This explains why high performance blenders such as OmniBlender, BlendTec and others are pricey (in the $400's and $500's) compared to other blenders. A 3 HP Blender can almost do anything because it is durable, blends stronger and lasts longer.

2.       Quick touch pulse buttons - This actually caught my eye. I love the soft touch buttons, very easy to manipulate and I just love the fact that it looks very trendy, don’t you think?





3.       Multi speed- I found out that the speed of Omniblender is not as fast as some competitors. Let’s say Omniblender blends smoothies in a 60-second cycle well, others and more expensive blenders can do it in 45 seconds.
And for this reason, the Omniblender is not as noisy as these other competitors and it runs cooler, lasts probably longer, etc. But “hey”, we are talking “just” seconds here.  What is a 15 second delay compared to a $200 price advantage?



4.       Multi Purpose blade- the Omni blade is made up from a stainless steel alloy and has 6 very sharp knives which explain the wide array of its functionality from smoothies to grinding nuts and seeds into powder form.

Here’s a video blending flaxseeds into flaxseed flour.  http://www.youtube.com/user/3blenders#p/u/14/mDw7kvfSqfw


5.
   The Jar- The good thing with the container is it is lightweight considering it is plastic (food grade polycarbonate which I believe is safe for food preparations) with rubber lid.  I also like the fact that the metric conversion is not only evident but it is etched in litres, Millilitres, Ounce and cups which is very useful.  However, because it is not the typical pitcher shaped blender, sometimes it needs a hand for stirring- The wooden dowel. Which I believe you need to purchase differently.




6. Overload Reset Button- A manual switch where you can just push the switch and reset it in cases of overload or your fruit is stuck on the blades.




7.
 Price- It costs $250 plus $25 shipping with a 7 year warranty from Omniblender. I am in the Philippines so International shipping is cost more. For more details check on their website http://3blenders.com/index.html






A Blender is an investment so you have to make sure that it is worth every penny.  There is a wide array of Blenders in the market and the best way to purchase is to research brands and models available. Go for the one that fulfils your needs. As for me, Omniblender V is a very practical choice and I am very happy and always excited to use and test if it can keep up. So far…It has not failed me yet.







Yours Truly,
Smoothie Junkie






1 comment:

  1. I love Omni Blender. I've been using it everyday and three times a day. Its very durable and blends very well. Compare it with other expensive blenders, Omni blender has the functionality and the cost is only $250 plus shipping. Wow it is really the best bang for the buck!

    ReplyDelete