Monday, June 6, 2011

Who needs EXERCISE?


I am always the lazy daisy type of person when it comes to physical activity. Working out and hitting the gym is not my thing at all, I find it very exhausting, boring and not very helpful at all because right after burning all the calories it makes me very hungry that I can eat half a pie of pizza or a plateful of pasta not to mention the ice cold soda plus cake for dessert. How about that?!?!



Don’t get me wrong, I really love the idea of being a fit and healthy. Actually I am into my green smoothie diet for quite some time now because I really want to live healthy but I envy those people who give time to exercise and made it their daily routine. My mind is not closed for a lifestyle change, I always wanted to be addicted to sports, exercise and healthy living the only thing that is getting on my way is my endless excuses to not start hitting the gym but hitting the sack instead.

 So, I set a goal for myself (finally!) and a few inspirations to get me going along the way, something that will motivate me and to not give up the (self) challenge I imposed. Well, here are a few that I want to accomplish.

1.       A healthy Heart




2.       A gorgeous body to die for




3.       Youthful glow



4.       Increase in Self esteem


5.       A happier you


6.       Increase in mental focus


7.       Increase in energy, strength and stamina




8.       A longer healthy life



I love number two the most! I cannot wait to see myself lose those pounds and gain those abs. Exercise plus my green smoothie diet is a perfect combination to a healthy lifestyle. All I need to do is to START.  The beginning of everything is always the hardest part but once you get used to it, you will savor all the benefits and the glory of your hard work.


This time, I cannot wait to kick off and set my mind into burning those calories and gaining a lifetime of healthy pleasurable benefits.



Here’s one energizing brew of smoothies before you start kicking off those unwanted calories:

APRICOT BLUEBERRY AMBROSIA (Serves 2)


2 Bananas
1 2 cups apricots
1 Orange peeled and seeded
1 cup blueberries
Juice of ½ lemon
2 cups of water

Process all ingredients in the OMNI Blender using the 60 second cycle, or until the greens are completely broken down.

If necessary, adjust sweetness by adding raw agave nectar or honey and blending again briefly.

From Chef Carmella Soleil’s (The Sunny Raw Kitchen) healthy smoothie recipe from the Deliciously Raw Book



Healthily Yours,


Smoothie Junkie





Images are not mine unless otherwise stated (courtesy of Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment